Monday, December 1, 2008

Nice break from the routine

The long weekend was extra long with the one vacation day I was able to take on last Wednesday.The plan was to spend the day one-one with Nikhil - just mom and son! Dad had work. As we dropped the younger one to the baby sitter, I went through my guilt pangs - my babysitter consoled me and asked me to have a great day with the older one.

So, stop 1 was a restaurant for breakfast. I ordered a veggie omelet and Nikhil was excited to see an item called Chocolate Chip Pancakes in the menu. He ordered that and was already on top of the world - with the powdered sugar, maple syrup, butter and cream. The atmosphere is really homely there and the waitresses are middle-aged ladies who are really friendly. I sipped my coffee and called B to give an update of where we were.

Step 2 was to catch the new kids movie 'Bolt', but when we reached the theater, we were too early. The doors had not been opened yet. So we had about 1 hour to kill and I called B again. "What do you think, can we catch a quick game of bowling before the movie begins" and he said that sounds possible. We drove fast to the bowling lanes nearby and paid for exactly 1 game and played just that. Mr.Niks was all excited and I too was. We compete with each other on Nintendo Wii and I occasionally win a bowling game or two in that. But real bowling was not that easy.
Anyway, Nikhil managed to beat me and was happy yet again.

It was time for the movie. I had no idea about the story, except that there was a dog with super powers. I went there only for my son's sake, but I ended up enjoying the movie so much so that my eyes were filled with tears!

After the movie, we headed home. We were tired by then and felt like being at home for an hour before heading to Nikhil's swimming class. It was a nice day spent with my boy! Would love to do that again!

Rest of the weekend - we went for two thanks giving get togethers - one with friends and one with family. We also watched the James Bond movie in theatre - all 4 of us! It was an adventure which went quite smoothly as Nithin slept on my lap. Sunday went by in preparing Idli/Sambar for the Xmas Carols folks who came after church. Carols was over and we were chitchatting with friends who stayed back. It was a great weekend and here we roll again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! total fun girl. happy for you. I am sure kids had a blast too. MyS and I caught up on Madagaskar this weekend, was fun without pocorn( MyS does not like popcorn:).
carols already? miss it very much. here the malayalam church has carols, but we don't go to that church. glad you had great time...yes indeed, here we roll again!!we have xmas and new year to look forward, atleast. The gap from jan to end March actually bothers me, nothing to look forward to except mountains of snow and more snow...:(

shy

Unknown said...

What fun..!

The four-day weekend was such fun. It was so hard getting back to work on Monday. Well, as Shy says, atleast we have Christmas and New Year to look forward to.

UL said...

oh wow! But I have to ask this...how on earth did you manage to get the kids in for a James Bond movie in theater?????Do they allow that over here???

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful break...mine was good too, busy but good even though I worked!!!

anamika said...

@shy - Nice to hear about your weekend movie adventure!

@Suman - U and Shy are right, I am waiting for XMas now!

@UL - they did not say anything at all! In fact, the old man showed us the booster seats and suggested to put Nithin there. This is the first time I am seeing booster seat in a theatre, thought it was cool! Even Nikhil could get a view of the screen sitting on top of that! And luckily for us, there was only one 'scene' in the movie! Nikhil feels they are yucky, so he closes his eyes himself..ethra naalannu kaananam!