Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Couple of things I like about thanksgiving:

1. It is one time of the year you spend with your extended family. Even if you are not the kind of person who takes time and effort to meet up with your distant cousins often, this occasion comes as an opportunity to meet all the uncles and cousins. What I said fully applies to only those who have lot of their family here, but I like the idea of meeting and catching up with folks of your kin.
Sometimes, friends are family! Having a thanksgiving meal with friends only shows how much they mean to us in this land away from home.

2. School is off: for my son, it is a whole week time off. Not only that gives the kids a nice break, I am also excited about the reduced traffic and the easier commute to work.

I was able to take one day off tomorrow, so it is so nice to think of the upcoming extra long weekend. I may or may not post anything in the coming days. Here is wishing all of you a wonderful thanksgiving weekend! Make the most of it and be happy!

7 comments:

Laksh said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too! Have fun! Who is coming over??

Anonymous said...

have a great greta thanks giving wknd filled with fun, food, friends, family and all.

shy

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.. the small circle of friends (the regulars that comment) that we have between Laksh,'s, your blog, Ul'S, and mine should meet up sometime. May be next Thanksgiving or 4th of July? What say Shy you ladies?

Anonymous said...

@suman and all blog friends,

All of you ahve become so part of life. It is a wonderful thing, if we regulars could meet some day. Since you guys are all in northeast US, I will come down. That has extra bonus, I get to taste all your yummy foods without me having to do anything...see food is always in my mind.take care, you guys!!

have a great long weekend
shy
note: canadian thanks giving is in october.

Anonymous said...

anamika, hope you don't mind taking your comment space to post that long comment to all..

hey keep smiling..
shy

anamika said...

Suman, that is a great idea! And I would be thrilled if it happens! 4th of July is my pick!

Shy - You will have down to US - better than all of us coming to Canada, right!

And don't worry about the comment space! If it is serving any purpose, that is keeping in touch with the regular 'commentors' (u know who all)!

UL said...

:) Wow I missed this altogether...a get-together sounds superb, I am up for it...there's three of us in Philly :) So Suman & Shy, you think you will be able to make it here??? :)