Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Antibiotics thought

When I get the antibiotics for the toddler/preschooler from the pharmacy, the label gives you instruction on dosage and mentions - "Please discard the remainder at the end of 10 days"

I can't help smile at this one. As such it is quite a struggle getting the medicine down the throat of the preschooler! If one can manage to get the 1tbsp without spits and spills, that would be an achievement. Many times, due to this mess and non cooperation movement, I end up refilling the syringe. How can one be left with a surplus to be discarded?

P.S. Day by day, I see the resistance is less and now he does not put up a big fight as before. YEAH!

7 comments:

UL said...

With mine, there's really never a struggle, she is good with meds, dont ask me why, I usually dont have much left either...but I do sometimes forget to throw away the bottles...though it is kept out of reach I should really discard it right away. This post is definitely a reminder for me to do so...

anamika said...

@UL - My impression is girls can be easy to handle for many such things.

Unknown said...

True Anamika. Even without spitting and spilling, there's barely anything left...! Hope your little one has recovered. Happy Holidays..!

Anonymous said...

If it is banana medicine( whatever flavor they add, medicine takes that name)it is ok, bubble gum medicine so yuck! both my kids pretty ok with them, but sure I agree girl does better. anamika, hope you all are over with the bug and the medicine times..throw them ( medicine and bug) away!
Hope you had blessed xmas and wishing you and family a happy new year!!
God bless
shy

anamika said...

@shy and Suman - we are feeling much better! thanks! hope u have a great 2009!

Munch said...

Does it really get better with age? You are giving me hope :)
My Achulde does not cry any more when he goes to school.
But giving medicines to him as well getting his hair cut, I just dont see the improvement happening at all . Moreover, I can see someone following his footsteps closely!!! Nightmare!!!

anamika said...

Hey Munch, welcome back! Yes, it does seem to improve over time. Son2 is again having a fever and did not resist the medicine so much this time. He seems to understand that there is not much choice.