Monday, December 15, 2008

Jab We (Bloggers) Met!


Have you seen Kaathal Kottai? The movie in which Ajith and Devyani communicate through letters for a while and don't seen each other till the last scene. I could exactly imagine the 'dhak-dhak' that Devyani must have gone through when she set out to meet Ajith. Well, not exactly, in that sense, but somewhat close.

Laksh, UL and myself decided to meet each other with our families at my place on Sunday. We have been keeping in touch with each other through our blogs for the past year.
I have met Laksh before and I knew how the conversation will go. Laksh and UL are close friends from before. But I was meeting UL for the first time. And we three were meeting together for the first time. My thoughts revolved around which launguage will I be speaking - since it will be a mix of Tamil and Malayalam in the group when we meet. I have a mental picture of UL from her blog and her comments to my post. Will her real self match my mental picture? Can I be just myself or should I start with being polite, nice and cute (can I manage that?)

Here the door bell rings. UL and family arrives. We start in Malayalam. We talk of Mallu friends we have, trying to find common folks we know. Laksh and family arrives. I chat with her in Tamil. Before I knew, we were all comfortably chatting, cracking jokes and the husbands were laughing aloud.

When they left, I could feel how Devyani must have felt at the end - peaceful, happy and GLAD that we MET. GLAD THAT WE MET ONLINE!

P.S. Suman and Shy, we missed you!

8 comments:

Laksh said...

Well described :) It sure was fun. Though for me both of you were ppl I knew so no dhak dhak involved. I knew you both would hit it off. :)

Scribbler said...

Its interesting to read about people in the virtual world meeting in the real world. Nice stuff you pulled out there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my my!I am so lost for words.must have been fun.want to hear lot more details.did anyone you take pics? please pos. well I know UL's family, seen pics of Laksh & K, haven't seen yours and suman's family.
thank you for missing suman and me. should make it another time; sometime soon; in 2009.
shy

Bewildered said...

wow...how nice to have an experience like that!

UL said...

We had tonnes of fun at your place, thanks so much for having us...you two were perfect hosts. Thanks again. :)

anamika said...

@Laksh - See, you knew it, I did not believe it until I saw it for myself.

@SJ - Thanks!BTW,where are you located? CA?

@shy - Yes, 2009 is what UL said you plan to come this side. Hope to meet you!

@S- Yes, S, it was an interesting meet! And husbands teased all wives and our blogs!

@UL - Waiting to meet again!

Scribbler said...

@Anamika - Yes, me @ CA.

Unknown said...

How cool is that Anamika! Wishing you (us) many more such get togethers in the days to come. Thanks for thinking of us, feels good to be missed.

The post brought back memories of meeting my penpals during undergrad. I remember being apprehensive. I am still close friends with one of them.