Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guitar Hero


Last Thursday saw me playing the Guitar in Wii Guitar Hero. For the first trial, I did good with the easiest song in the package called Slow Ride. B and Nikhil were taken by surprise that I did well. Based on my Wii Sports career, they probably had the least expectation to begin with. The next day, I completed that one song without getting boo-ed in the middle. I felt really excited and thanked the genes in me that I would have inherited from my grand mom who was a music teacher!

People who know me know my connection with English music.
None. B was always into English songs as a kid and I grew up fully in the world of Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil songs only. So even I am laughing at myself playing a guitar when the game makes me pretend I am a real rockstar. At the end of the successful song, it said "YOU ROCK"! I was so glad I finished the song! I enjoy this!

6 comments:

UL said...

Ah...the wii - I heard of the exercise component of it and it really had me intrigued...ah but if you know our classical, Carnatic music, you can do any kind...remember Shakarabharanam :) though your B may not agree...

Unknown said...

Super duper! enjoy the wii. My little one was asking for a D.S., courtesy peer pressure.

Anonymous said...

you go girl! 'Rock on'
I played golf and bowling at my sister's and surprised myself completly. I was knocking down the pins left and right..for the (non) sports pserson that I am!!
shy

anamika said...

@UL - yes, I hear the WiiFit really gives a good work out. Must be good for us..when we cant hit the gym!

@Suman - Start with the GameBoy and then move on to DS. That is what we did.

@Shy - ya, bowling is fun. I did better at that than Tennis.

Sachita said...

Guitar Heroine, no:)
I think I will get this, though I am just like you and my inclination toward English songs is almost nil compared to other langauges.

anamika said...

@Sachita - it is pure fun. You will enjoy it.I am able to enjoy it in spite of not knowing any of the songs! People who know the songs will be able to enjoy more I guess.