Thursday, January 15, 2009

Deadlines and bunk bed

For the past week, every night B has been working on assembling the new bunk bed we got for the kids. I slept off within Nithin who was battling a fever from Sunday. Thanks to the Virus which decided to leave him after the predicted 3 days.

So yesterday evening, with our neighbor's help, we got one bed on top of another and it was quite a sight to see the expression of the boy's faces. They were happy and excited about the bunk bed. But I could see the sorrow of sleeping alone creeping up slowly in the faces. I myself could not tolerate the thought of sleeping without them. Anyway, it may not happen in one shot, but at least we are making a start.

I got into some deadlines - not exactly work related and it was challenging to keep up with them.
At work, we have an activities committee for which I was co-chairing an event. Myself and a coworker had to cut foam core boards into slices of specific size and distribute one each to every employee. Then we drafted an email inviting them to decorate these boards with their details from HIGH SCHOOL. 2 weeks from now, we will collect these boards which will include everyone's high school picture, their favorite stars from their high school times etc, and hang them in the hallway. They are not to include their names in the boards for the fun of guessing. It was an experience trying to cut the boards neatly and working on the email. Anything with cutting and craft, I believe I suck. So I was super conscious not to mess up. Hope the event has a good turn out.

Weekend seems to be pretty busy with a postponed New year party being at our place.
Happy Weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you after all the sickness, lay off news etc.kids off with Virus I hope!
bunk bed, made me grin too. I have a pre schooler creeps into our room half way through the night and MyD does not want to miss a chance to jump out from crib and curl up with us. waiting for the winter to be over, they are moving for good to their room.
enjoy the party and have a great weekend!
shy

Anonymous said...

have fun with the high school memory project..let's know how it goes!
shy

UL said...

I love these events that you speak of, it is such fun is it not? I always loved organizing them too...but since my daughter arrived, I haven't made the effort to organize and plan anything like this, me being lazy and not wanting to take that extra responsibility is the only excuse I can come up with, I admire you for doing it still, hope you have tonnes of fun...As for bunk beds, I am sure they will love it soon, persistence is the key. Good luck to you and B :)

anamika said...

@shy - haha, interesting to know!
Good luck!

@UL - actually this time I volunteered for this one to take my guilt away. I have been part of this committee at work for last 1 year and never did an actual event. We are supposed to do 2 such events. Ya, Day 1 with bunk bed lower level for Nikhil was a success. One step a time!

Unknown said...

Weaning off co-sleeping is not easy on anyone, is it? Atul still comes to us at night, with his toys and bottle of water... somehow we welcome him with open arms.

Munch said...

same story here, Achulde earlier had BGM accompaniment as well, but nowadays, he slips in without a fuss!!
Am kind of looking forward to my kiddos' bunkbed days too.
That must be lots of fun! Have they gotten adjusted now?