Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mixed Feelings

When I started from home today, I thought it is going to be an ordinary day. In fact, I knew it will be a quiet day since I finished most of my work yesterday.

Thank God, I still have my job. My heart goes out to those who left the doors. When they came in today, they too thought it was an ordinary day. Only to find out later that, it was not to be.

While I grabbed 2 slices of pizza from the nearby shop and walked in cold wind that blew, I was shaken and shocked. Talking about Satyam employees in India with Appa over phone, I was further shaken.
There is always light at the end of the tunnel...where is the end of the tunnel? I guess we are all waiting for that!

6 comments:

Laksh said...

Sorry to hear about your colleagues. I know what you mean. Hugs!

anamika said...

@Laksh - Thanks! I realize how weak emotionally I am on such occasions!

UL said...

Girl, all we can do is pray and do the best we can, the rest will follow, it has to, that's why there's the light at the end of the unknown, prayer and hard work will see us through the unknown..

Anonymous said...

Have seen so many such days in the past 3yrs. Thank God we are quite stable now, or so it seems. Agree, those days are hard for those leaving and those staying. But many of them find good jobs/alternate jobs/passionate jobs..many took it as an opportunity to think outside the box.Help them if you can, be there for them if you are comfortable when they want to talk. this will pass too.
shy

Unknown said...

Having gone through a similar experience I know how it feels like. Everything happens for a reason, hopefully this will open windows of opportunities for your colleague.

anamika said...

@UL - But sometimes you really question and wonder , right, I am in that kind of a mood!

@Shy - yes, I hope better opportunities wait for them! And I know what you mean - this will pass too!

@Suman - Hope so too!Want to email you to talk more!