Wednesday, August 20, 2008

George Carlin quotes

In Tamil, there are two words I can use to lovingly describe what George Carlin's words symbolize. THIMIRU and LOLLU. Sometimes, his jokes cross the limit (that is limit in my dictionary, may not be for others), but I cant help bursting out with laughter hearing such remarks from him.

Some quotes I enjoyed:
  • If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
  • Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread to begin with.
  • I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
  • I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away.
  • Why is the man (or woman) who invests all your money called a broker?
  • I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
  • Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.
Sad to think that he is no more.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the quotes :-)

Scribbler said...

I have been a long time fan of Carlin. Thimiru and Lollu aside, I think he has an outside the bos thinking about how stuff works..

One more qoute I would like to add to the list -
"Why is it that when in humans, it is called abortion and when in chicken, it's called an omlette?"

The world will miss him dearly.

Bewildered said...

I loved that post...loved the last quote.

anamika said...

@suman - glad u like them!
@sunil jacob - like the quote u mentioned. To the point and right on the face, right! Thanks for your comment..stopping by at your page right after this!

Scribbler said...

Yes, you guessed right. Your "malayali radar" is spot on. I guess you have been seeing too much of them :)