Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jet lag

"I wish Jet lag was never invented! "

This is the quote from my 7 year old son Nikhil. Poor boy could not sleep for two consecutive nights since the day we returned from India, however hard he tried. Nithin was fine right from day 1, thank Goodness! Obviously, my sleep got affected due to this and even otherwise, I have my own jet lag problems. I am uncontrollably sleepy during afternoon and evenings. Me and kids crashed to bed at 7.30 in the evening yesterday. When Nithin woke up and said 'Amma, I want something to eat, let us go downstairs' , I prayed to God and looked at the clock - fingers crossed, hoping it is not middle of the night AGAIN!

I was glad to see 5AM - this is so much better than yesterday!

The guy at the downstair deli at work said 'Welcome back'! He is the only friendly soul in the shop (others are too rude!) and I was glad he remembered I went on vacation and noticed that I am back! Isn't it strange that how totally unrelated people can brighten up your day by their acts?





4 comments:

Laksh said...

Welcome back for sure!! Sorry coudln't stop by yest. Was too lazy to drag my behind out the house.

Noby M. Joseph said...

Welcome Back. Hope you all are getting better. Sometimes I wonder why we can not stay up in the air, calculate the co-ordinates for India and get down at the right time. Earth rotates Right!!! :-) .

anamika said...

@laksh - ya, i wondered too..we slept early yesterday, so do call today and stop by..we plan too much and it never happens, right..

@noby - hehe..very good idea! Are you in Blore now?

Anya Padyam said...

Welcome back !! enjoyed your India escapades:) and heard about your fleeting visit too...

look forward to catching up!:)