Monday, August 25, 2008

Class Lists and Tooth Falling

Nikhil's front tooth which was wiggling for the past month or so was finally taken out yesterday by Dr.Daddy following the mini surgical procedure with a thread ( Dr.Daddy was trained by his Daddy). Nikhil was not only bold enough to face it, but was too excited about it. Now he tells us, "there is no such thing as tooth fairy. Only parents put the money under the pillow. So dont put money under mine!" . Ha Ha! And he looks so different without the front tooth..

He was also super excited coz his new class list comes out today morning. "I want to know who my new friends will be". I was too! The first thing we tried to do today morning was open his school website to load it. It wont come up! At work, as I hit the school web site and looked for the links to the class, I could not believe I am clicking on the link to 2nd grade list. Not Kindergarten, not 1st Grade anymore! Can't believe he is already in 2nd grade! Time is flying and my baby No.1 growing so fast!

5 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

wow! that was brave of him:) of B too... I'd be scared:)

That is such a cool statement by the second grader - to see who his new friends are! Happy back-to-school!

anamika said...

@JS - ya, I am astonished by his dialogues. What plans for long weekend?

UL said...

tooth falling off :) wow, that will be an interesting phase wont it? your little son(evn though he is older i consider him little if he is a second grader soon...remember he is still your baby even when he turns thirty :)) doesnt want money under the pillow? How did you manage to get him to do that?

anamika said...

@UL - I think an older friend of his might have told him that there is no such thing as tooth fairy!

Anonymous said...

hey that's a mmilestone to celebrate.congrats Nikhil! and best for grade 2.have fun!
note: noticed you had a great india trip!
shy