Monday, January 14, 2008

Express it!

I got a Fedex package today morning. I wondered who on earth will send me a package.It was marked with H's name.

H is my colleague from India who came to help us out at the US office during last winter. She is a bright girl and she is proud of everything that made her what she is (the country, the culture, the family and the customs). I see a positive spirit in her that she passes on in her deeds. The efforts that she is willing to take to make people happy brings to my memory that I was like that too.

She had sent handwritten greeting cards and some gifts to three of us who helped her during her stay in US. Needless to say, we were all thrilled and surprised. The fact that she remembered to wish us a Happy New Year this way, made me think that I should do the same for someone else.

I had expressed thoughts along similar lines in my greeting cards post. What you send or buy for someone need not always be a pricey. It could be something simple. In today's busy world, taking the time out and sending a handwritten card can be such a big surprise. Sending a simple gift is hard enough to do in our busy schedules. If you have amazon.com website open, and you finalized what to get for her, you are stuck at a point where you don't have the person's address handy. That happens to me all the time. Then someone calls you for something and you walk off - 'may be some other time'.

Next time, please determine that you will do whatever is needed to express it! I am sure those efforts become fruitful when the receiver smiles upon receipt. I am sure your efforts will be appreciated. Please do not hesitate to express your 'thanks for being my friend' feelings - even if it is in a simple way!

We just did that for someone's birthday (inspired by H) - it is a good feeling at both the ends if you put that bit of effort!

2 comments:

UL said...

oh yes tell me about it, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted to get b'day wishes from you...thank you, I couldnt agree more..Will be back to read some more, thanks.

anamika said...

@ul - haha, did not do that intentionally, it came naturally after reading your peom, good to see it still brought the same effect..keep in touch!