Friday, January 4, 2008

My internet addictions

During the last year, I did not even realize how I got addicted to these.

1. Orkut - when I logged in there for the first time, I was cursing whoever sent me the invite - who has the time for all these, don't people have anything else to do, how many such websites are being created and for what - as cynical as I can get. Before long, I was there hunting for my old friends from school and college. I would type names of lost friends and click on the results - alas, so many hits, but none with the picture resembling my friends. I was angry at those profiles without any real picture.However I did get a lot of old friends. Not that I am touch with them every day, but having them in friends list, at least gives me a feeling that I can reach them at any time.
Seeing the updated albums of friends is the easiest way I can get a glimpse of their families.

I recommend orkut. Use it with caution - applies to anything in the world.

2. Blogs - I should say, I got into this also via orkut. Landed someone's blogs and found it interesting and searched for more. It is interesting to see what other people think and how they express their ideas. I am inclined to read more of those I can identify myself with.

3.Youtube - catching quick glimpses of Mallu or Vivek comedy scenes or watching the songs of the movies I watched recently is something I enjoy.Thanks, Youtube!

No comments: