Friday, December 11, 2009

Weeks are flying

Last Friday, was the holiday party that my new company hosted. Hardly one month old in the company, I was adamant about attending it, in spite of the fact that the very few people I became friends with were not coming. Part of it was to keep up the tradition of attending the holiday party - since B and I went for the one from my old company last year. Another reason is to celebrate the fact that I now have a job. (Malayalam thought: Joli ullappozhalle office party kku pokan pattooo!") I checked with the same baby sitter and she was open to watching my boys. Nithin will be seeing her after so many months and she was excited about it. Long story short, B and I attended the party, chatted with some people who we knew from before, ate nicely and enjoyed as much as we can. I was so surprised to bump into this HR girl from my previous company - who was the very person to tell me the official news that I got laid off, months ago! Her husband works in our company and she was there as a guest. She was happy to see me employed and she told there were many who still have not found jobs. God's way of showing me how lucky I am??!!
We had Just someone and her husband come over from New Jersey. They are our friends from college, BTW. The kids enjoyed playing with new gifts uncle and aunty brought. I took JS with me to the evening birthday party at a neighbours'. She assumed the role of the photographer while I was busy chatting and eating. The next afternoon was another birthday party - Nithin's best girl friend's. I had to take him for that, so I bid bye to the guests hoping to catch up soon.
The next week flew by quickly. I cannot believe that I am coding in C#, ASP.NET and Javascript. I am excited to learn new things. The forecast for this weekend seems to be busy - hoping to do some proper cooking on Sunday. Ciao, until I talk to you next time.

6 comments:

UL said...

oh how nice, indeed weeks are flying, our holiday do is next friday - JS was in town? Nice- next time she comes please bring her over...would love to get together...seems like the birthday season...

Unknown said...

True, the weeks sure are flying by! Good to know you had a nice holiday party.

Anya Padyam said...

yes; time flies, doesn't it? Can't imagine its been a week since then :)


We had our holiday dinner too as I was telling you...:)


A snowy shindig

anamika said...

@UL, @JS - so tell me about your holiday party experience..

@Suman - wish you happy holidays!

GOPAL said...

Time just flies like that - many realise it when it is too late and hardly any time left to live. Glad you are enjoying the time.

GOPAL said...

"Weeks are flying" when sun sets each day- one day of our life is cut. I want to stop the clock which I cannot do. So it is better to enjoy the days and keep ourselves busy. Be happy and don't worry.