Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

The four days flew away. In the Thanksgiving night party with the 'Fantastic Five' families, we were all up until 2AM in the night. We had fun playing games - couple of them I organized. I have warmed up to dancing now - provided it is these folks that I am around, and there is dim light so that no one can comment on how bad I am at it.

The next day flew by in recuperating from the previous night. There was no strength in any of us to think of Black Friday shopping. All 4 of us slept well in the afternoon and woke up to head to a friend's house. It was just two families - host and the guest. The kids played well. It was nice to see Nithin open up and play with his peer. He used to cling to me all the time - now here is freedom finally! I don't have to carry him around. The new school and being full time there are bringing about some really welcome changes in his personality. Thanks to our friends who treated us to some nice cocktails in their wet bar. We were relaxed and it was a great evening.

Saturday, I had to go for shopping, lest I feel like a loser this long weekend. I grabbed some nice clothes for everyone in the family. We managed to take the kids to the mall and took a picture with Santa.

Sunday was spent in the church, followed by the Christmas Carols rounds. The weather was beautiful. We did not need our jackets in the day hopping from one home to another. Carols is as much about food as it is about singing! Every home, I vow not to eat any more - but the sight of home made vadas tempt me and I break the vow very easily. It wrapped up at 5.30 and we were home getting ready for yet another work week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - this was lovely, glad to hear your thanksgiving went as beautiful as mine did - I had a sleepover at Shy's :) - more later....glad you had wonderful one...talk more soon, this is UL btw, too lazy to sifn in..

shy said...

a perfect thanksgiving weekend! good for you.

do I get to see the santa pics?

anamika said...

@UL - glad to hear u gals met!
@shy - sure, shy, once I scan it, yes! Scanning may never happen, for all u know!

GOPAL said...

Enganeyum oru party undennu ippozhanu arinjathu. Enthayalum concept is good - a get together with friends who love and understand each other is really great chill out. Glad you all enjoyed it well.

anamika said...

@gopal - I recently turned on comment moderation to avoid sales/junk comments. Looks like you tried to re-enter your comments couple of times. Ya, ya,,thanksgiving party yokke ippol nammude oru festival pole aayi..many Indians just have Indian food instead of American. Pakshe ..it is a symbol for family get together mainly.