Friday, November 20, 2009

Bed time routine

Talking of the evening, I get home early when days at work are normal. I pick up Nithin and Nikhil and reach home. Now I am tempted to cook something hot and fresh, rather than sitting with Nikhil to do homework. Somedays, he has activities to be driven to (poor B gets stuck with that mostly) and when he comes back, it is already 'time to bed' according to me. A shower, dinner for kids and when B and kids are playing, here I am forced to go into the 'controlling mama' tone.

Before, we used to linger around without any strict bed times. Kids playing, fighting, having fun and screaming! Now I get frustrated that I can't let them playing for too long. If they sleep too late, they may not be able to wake up early in the morning. I feel torn because that is probably the only time they are having fun at home, and here I am 'yelling' them to go to sleep. So, you tell me, what do you do in your life with the bed time routine?

3 comments:

shy said...

i yell some more:) that's what I do.

recently, things have become much easier for me to take them upstairs.no magic , just firm 'stick to your routine' thing.

good weekend

GOPAL said...

I see this episode happening in every working couple's life even in India - life is compromised for ???? "Childhood" is the most beautiful phase of one's life which we carry as our fond memories till the end - let the children enjoy it - don't yell at them. Tell them a good story every night instead. So funny I am...ha ha

Anonymous said...

eight to nine is yell time for me :) bed time story and sleep occurs usually at this time too :), UL