Thursday, November 5, 2009

Changes in life

Last Saturday, I dragged the whole family with me when I did my test drive on the Turn Pike to my new office. Monday seemed like the day we were all waiting for - as if a timer will go off on that day and I was not sure what could happen after that. I spent every minute thinking of how to prepare for the big changes in life. After the test drive to the office, we went to the Willow Grove Mall and had lunch at CheeseCake factory. It is Halloween day..and hey, we were hungry anyway! It was a good lunch and then we drove back home. I felt much better - I survived the test. I could at least imagine how Monday morning drive will be.


Sunday night, my sleep was disturbed, I was alert, woke up twice in the middle of the night, only to realize that it was too early to wake up. I am the kind of person who loves to sleep till 7.30 or 8 usually, but now I have to get up at 5.45 at least. I left home at 6.15 on Monday morning with B, N and N wishing me good luck and was at the new office really early. It is better to be early so I can have a smooth ride. The orientation went smoothly and I went home before it was dark. Now it gets pitch dark by 5PM here in Philadelphia. I DO NOT enjoy driving in the dark, especially in the roads in which I am not comfortable. Hence this leaving home early in the morning. I am a fan of flexible timings now!

To be continued..


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl! Best wishes. Let us know how it's going.

shy said...

bravo! enjoy the new challenges-the commute, the job.
somehow, I always thought you are one of those early birds. but now I know, you are like me. I love to sleep 7.30 or 8 or even late. can't do that weekdays. weekend we stretch to 8 -8.30. so 5.45 is almost like midnight for me:)
be safe and take care
shy

Anya Padyam said...

Eagerly waiting for the part 2!!! :) Simply wonderful to see you posting again :)

Looking forward to all the new and wonderful adventures...


Good luck for everything!

anamika said...

@Suman - yes, Suman, plan to update the blog more frquently

@shy - I agree. 5.45 was midnight to me until last week!!

@JS - thanks! will update! when r u coming here!

UL said...

how did i miss this? well - i am missing several people now...yay- i am glad you are in my boat these days - we get to meet up atleast :)