Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Old countdown over..new starts

A BIG SORRY for being so silent. I got a couple of emails/comments from friends who care and were tired of this silence. Countdown to return back to US was over long time ago.

Back in US, I could see the market was getting better. I got two offers around the same time.
One close to home, in the same company where I worked for 5 years some time ago. Another one, far from home, but promising to give me some new kind of work experience and build more on the knowledge I gathered in the past two years. It was a tough decision. But I chose the far job over the close one. I will join the job this coming Monday.

When I went to interview in my old company, it was a great experience. It was like walking into one's own home. I could recognize almost every person that I saw there. In spite of that, I have made a decision to try out some new challenges. Biggest challenge for me is the 45 minutes drive in the Turn Pike one way every day. It is much more than what I have ever done. But I am hoping for some exciting times. New office, new colleagues, new places to eat lunch..I will be working close to two of my friends' offices. Work wise also, I will have a lot to learn.

Another major change in my life was that B's parents returned back to India a month ago. We miss them a lot. They were very much helpful in our day to day life. I am now playing the role of a house wife - planning about what to make for the next meal, grocery shopping, driving Nikhil to activities etc. But since I was at home, I enjoyed it all.

This week, Nithin was sick for past 3 days. He is on the mend now. I am hoping he recovers for the big change in our lives next week. He will have to go to day care all 5 days from the '3 days only' schedule. He does not like the idea much. I am worried my transition into the working mom role goes easy with the three men in my life!

9 comments:

Scribbler said...

Welcome back! And congratulations on everything new in your life!

Unknown said...

Thanks for indulging me. What a nice problem to have - multiple offers at a time when the economy is languishing. Wishing you the very best in your endeavors.

Laksh said...

All the very best! Sounds like fun and interesting times ahead!

shy said...

very happy for you anamika. congratulations and all the very best for the new exciting challenges.
Hope N gets better soon and both of them adjust to the chnages well.

God bless
shy

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!Wish you all the best on your new job.

Anila.

Sachita said...

congrats, anamika!

UL said...

Anamika- I missed this post!! Congrats and look forward to catching lunch with you sometime... ;) hope we can meet up soon??? Got your message, good luck girl with everything...love lots, UL

GOPAL said...

Thanks and please no countdowns in future, it is tooooooooooooo long. Congratulations for the new job. Very right decision to choose a job more challenging. Hope by now Nithin is fine.

anamika said...

@all my blog friends - thanks so much for your comments and wishes. I am glad to have people across the WWW who care! Keep in touch!