Thursday, August 27, 2009

Countdown starts

Not even a week left before we start back. Yesterday, was a forced lazy day on me by myself.

In the past 3 weeks, we had roamed a lot. So we felt exhausted and worried about our health. We had my schoolmate visit us, so we had done some roaming within Bangalore last weekend. Now was the time to relax and recover or else we might break down. I had to cancel a fun trip planned with relatives and we decided to breathe.
But that one day was so hard to be inside home. I am so much of an outdoor person that I find it so hard to stay indoors for one complete day. It is true that even in US, if I stay home all day, I have this itch to get out for a drive at least in the evening.

So Nikhil and me were back in action today after the complete rest yesterday. A morning at the games arcade in the mall near home, bit of shopping and the walk back home to rest the afternoon. Evening, I took him to watch Ice Age Part 3 in the theatre. By now we both are so familiar with the Forum Mall and its theatre. After the movie, we caught up with a friend at the food court and headed back home. Countdown begins!

9 comments:

Laksh said...

Nice to read your updates. So, I take it is OK for us to travel to Bangalore in spite of the Swine Flu fears in the city? :)

shy said...

anamika, shopping and more shopping. made any trips to bangalore central? for our last trip, we were there pretty much everyday
enjoy the remaining week
shy

sanjay said...

That is right Vacation in India in any organized fashion is a high tide.Weather counts a lot and environment fatigue bog down a considerable wear.In US it is different story the travels takes a chunk.The evening strolls just show how tight is the living.

Its hard to have a pleasant vacation. I should say you had a entertaining Holiday.

anamika said...

@Laksh - yes, Laksh, so far I don't think there is enough need to cancel a trip. Life is going on here - with or without masks. But when I read a news about a death, it scares me. It is a risk you are taking, but seems ok to take that now.

@Shy- I went to Bangalore Central and somehow not was very impressed with the collection. Did not get many designs that tempted me to buy it! BTW, did not think you will visit Blore for vacations? Ivide aarundu?

@Sanjay - Welcome here! Yes, I agree with you on your vacation thoughts. Keep coming here!

shy said...

b'lore il in laws ondu. pakuthi of my vacation avide spend cheyyum..baaki keralathil.ente parents and my sister's family.

I guess central was close to us and with small kids it was always like go get something and come back before thye get too cranky. went to garuda too few times
chalo, see you here on-shore in a week
shy

GOPAL said...

Count down starts, then ends to begin again and .......... we can only move with time. I could read your blogs only today after you flew from US. Now I think its time for you to bid good bye to Banglore, and India and back to a different life. Hope you are carrying with you lots of love and memories. All the best. GOPAL

UL said...

time to get back already? Wow that was indeed fast, here I was thinking you were gone for so long, now you are almost back...enjoy the rest of the break...safe journey back.

shy said...

and now you are back home. welcome back anamika!hope you and N had a good trip!

shy said...

haven't heard from you for long? how are things dear?