Friday, August 14, 2009

Half way through!

The first few days saw me and my family go to Coorg. It was fun - we visited Talakkaveri ( starting point of the river Kaveri), Abbey falls, a Tibetan village with the huge Golden Temple and Mysore Palace. Then few days of rest at home and we are now in Chennai.

Chennai is way more hotter than what I thought. AC rooms are in every home nowadays. So I take refuge there. Living around close relatives who shower love is a delightful experience. These folks have seen me from the time I was a baby. The college girls now here in this home are babies I have held in my hands. It is a long lasting relation I cherish with the bunch of joint families here.

On the flip side, to my surprise, the hot weather, traveling and eating different foods has made me feel exhausted. All the things I have craved to eat while I am US, seem to not entice me now. W hen my tummy aches. I feel safer eating curd rice! The 9 years of US life has made me addicted to cleanliness. I was never the one to be bothered about the dust or the dirt while I was in India. I was proud of being so adaptive and flexible also.I seem to have changed a lot, my tolerance towards dust/dirt/polluted air has come down. I used to laugh at people's cliched dialogues on pollution, traffic etc, but now I am the one feeling it. Hmmmm! 15 more days to go.

Nikhil is enjoying the time with kids here. I am glad!

3 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

Have heard abt Coorg - my sis and b-i-l went there... hv seen the pics of the things you describe!

Glad to note you are having fun - is it already half way? WOW! Time flies...

How is N-Jr. doing here?

anamika said...

@JS - we have visited these places in our s5 tour..! N-Jr seems to be clinging to his dad all the time. Seems to talk a lot and rule like a king in the house.

shy said...

oh what fun! enjoy the rest of the of it to the fullest
shy