Monday, April 6, 2009

Lasik update


My LASIK surgery went fine. B took the day of surgery off - it being the last day I will see the world with my current vision capacity! We went for a movie (I Love you man!), laughed a lot, had lunch and then reached the eye care center. After initial checkups, I posted my previous post and killed some time. Then I went into the laser suite. I was nervous, but went with the flow anyway. It took a maximum of 15 to 20 minutes. When I came out of the room, I was surprised - "I can see!" They asked me to go home and sleep - I obeyed that. Then I was told NOT TO RUB MY EYES and wear eye shields when I sleep.

I religiously followed the medicine eye drops schedule. The next day we went for the check up. While B was driving, I was looking at the outside world. I was now able to read all the sign boards without my glasses on. I put on my eye glasses and everything became blurry. This is truly magic!

I was extremely delighted with the results. It was TOTALLY PAINLESS! I had very little discomfort. Only discomfort was sleeping with eye shields on - always cautious not to rub my eyes. Recovery after surgery was quick too. 5 days later, one night, Nithin reminded me "Amma, drops!" and I said "medicine drops are DONE!". One week later, when they said - all seems to be well, now say bye to the eye shields, I was happy. Nithin wondered where the white glasses (shields) have gone!

I hope this is it - and I don't develop any complications over time. I will recommend that to anyone who has been contemplating it.

It was my passion - to get LASIK done and say bye to eyeglasses. I worried a bit inside my mind - "why create problems when all is well with my eyes, I can see well with the glasses". But I have been following the LASIK dream since 4 years at least now. Every time, I heard or met someone who got it done, it brought hope. It was a risk - now I can say, it was a risk worth taking! I have the satisfaction of getting what I wanted. Thanks to B and parents for standing by me with the decision! My kids were literally standing by me and watching me whenever I put the drops in and handed me a towel!

Yesterday, when I went to watch "Monsters Vs Aliens 3D", I could comfortably slip on the 3D glasses - which so far had to be tucked on top of my normal spects. I felt good!



8 comments:

shy said...

hurray! anamika can see the world , yet again in true colors!!

and don't read my blog anymore, like i mentioned before you will see through it all with Lasik!!

good to know you are doing well and one of the dreams came true, pretty clear..

stay positive

Unknown said...

Very sweet Anamika. I like the way you and B go with the flow. As simple as it sounds, it's mighty hard. Congratulations on glasses/contact free living!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about that.I hope i also can get it done in the future.I hate wearing glasses and am lazy about contacts too.Could you send me the cost details about lasik to my email(asuguraman@gmail.com).

Thanks,
Anila.

sl said...

Glad to hear that you are doing great!

UL said...

Hey - thanks for the mail, that lead me here :) - superb news...glad to hear you are doing so good without glasses....i know several who would be interested in this...will have to tell them now...good news all round. Will reply to you soon....this is UL btw, too lazy to log in.

Sachita said...

Awesome, I want to do it too, hopefully in another couple of yrs!

Anya Padyam said...

That's great! Glad to hear everything went well... And, congrats on 'no glasses' and fulfillment of your long awaited dream!

How are things,
Take care,

Mampi said...

wow girl,
you inspire me.
this is the third lasik success i hve read on the blogworld.
Guess i will also go for it in a year or two, been nursing the dream for abt 2 yrs now.