Friday, March 27, 2009

Thanks and Pray More!

Thanks to all you blog-pals who have not met me face to face yet, but were with me sending emails and calling me over phone. It was nice to know that I have made so many friends who felt sad for my sudden lost of job and encouraged me to take a deep breath! Every email, every call put a smile to my face. When someone at work told me, they all remembered me and talked about me in the meeting, I was thrilled.

It has been a week already.

Some accomplishments for this week:

  • Filed for unemployment compensation. In Malayalam, we used to call it Thozhilillayma Vethanam. Used to be my elocution topic in school - how to overcome unemployment issues in Kerala/India! Now I have filed for it. I thank God for the green card I have. It helps when I am job hunting as well as will help me sustain financially. Anyone, who needs information about it, can contact me now!
  • Got a hair cut for Nithin and I felt great he cooperated after the initial 5 minutes of clinging to me.
  • I too got a hair cut and it was long pending due to work pressure.
  • I got in touch with friends whom I had not contacted for a long time.
  • I am now in the Vision Care center getting ready for my LASIK surgery. A bit nervous, but determined to go ahead. So friends, not sure how long my break will be, may be I will be back very soon. Pray for me!

8 comments:

Sachita said...

Anamika,
Will definitely do.

A friend had told me when I was graduating in a bad economy that all you need is just one job. that sentence helped me a lot.

hope you remember that and try as much as possible not to think of the rest.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anamika. I am sorry to hear about what happened. Stay strong, friend. I know that this can feel like a personal attack, but know in you heart that it is not.

Good to hear that you are accomplishing a lot in the other aspects of your life. Everything is important. Appreciate yourself and those around you... And finally, don't be surprised if you find a different "you" at the end of the road ;) .

Anya Padyam said...

Good luck on everything! Don't you worry! everything will work out great...

Take care and good luck on the laser surgery

Prayers for you are always there...

Unknown said...

How did the surgery go? good for you that you are making the best use of the situation. Keep up the spirit!

shy said...

hey, after Lasik, you will see through our minds and read between lines (more) in the blog:).

Enjoy the little time you have in hand. 'Ek pal' is on its way. stay positive girl; good job so far!

UL said...

Lovely to talk to you girl, hope your LASIK went well, I am so proud of you in your positive outlook toward circumstances and what life has dealt...I am glad you are doing all the things you want to do when you find yourself in a spot instead of lamenting and worrying - I have so much to learn from you...am glad we met when we did meet, keep it up and good luck.

sl said...

Hope your surgery went well. Good to hear that you are in good spirits. Keep it up.

anamika said...

@Sachita - thanks! That is a cute one! Only one job!

@Sumi - thanks for your words! A different "you" - yes, that would be good if I find a better me!

@JS - thanks!!

@Suman- surgery went fine and I can really see!

@shy, UL and SL - thanks for your words! I will post soon!