Monday, April 13, 2009

A Good Friday

It was Good Friday. B and myself were in downtown, Philly to meet someone. Once the meeting was done, we came out of the building to be surrounded by those skyscrapers. It is a totally different world out there. It felt like we could spend days and days together walking around the downtown. Lots and lots of shops and restaurants. We entered into 'THE PITA PIT' - only because the name enticed me. We don't see these kinds of shops in the area where we live. They were churning out Falafels. I ordered a Pita Wrap and filled it with veggies. After that quick snack, we walked out. We grabbed some tea from a TEA SHOP. Not like the chayakkada back home, this was a fancy shop selling tea alone.

Back home, we took kids and grand parents and set out for another drive. I felt relieved at the thought of a weekend. A week full of job hunting efforts. A week which showed some positive signs of the job market. Nothing definite has happened, but this week sowed some seeds of hope.
It saw me enroll into a course in the PSU, just a first step, but when I got the StudentID, I felt I am doing something toward a GOAL. So I felt that I rightfully deserve some weekend fun. We all went to Devi Vegetarian restaurant. The buffet was decent and I found some nice options. I was glad all of us enjoyed the food. We picked up some Indian DVDs and spent the rest of the evening in front on the TV watching 'Sooryan' starring Jayaram.

A nice Friday.


6 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

That was a Good Friday!

Good luck for the new student phase and for the job hunt! Seeds of hope will soon grow into a sturdy sapling and further on...

and, Happy Vishu!

shy said...

agree with JS, that indeed was quite a friday!

glad to know the seeds are sown..ek pal mein buds nikhalega specially 'cause it is spring. you are doing a wonderful job so far anamika; really proud of you on that.and best for the studies(prouder now!). is it part time?

Sachita said...

Happy Vishu and Tamil puthandu vazhtakul.

You already have the right spirit and hopefully success will come soon as well.

anamika said...

@JS - My class got postponed due to low enrollment. Hopefully it will start soon. Thanks!!

@shy - ya, part time! Just a starting step towards a goal I set for myself. Will take a long time to complete it!

Sachita - Same to you, Sachita! Wish you a great year ahead! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you truly had a good Friday. Here's to many more such Fridays.

anamika said...

@Suman - thanks for checking! Doing OK!