Wednesday, February 25, 2009

TO DO List and OCD

I have seen people who are obsessed about cleaning. So much to the extent of neglecting their lives. Wikipedia says OCD means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCD

I am definitely not like that. But I have an obsession now which I am beginning to doubt is leaning toward an OCD state. It is THINGS TO DO! It seems to me like life is mainly comprised of things to do. My mind revolves around the calender to begin with.

Oh, tomorrow, there is a dentist appointment for Son1. Evening he has to go to Activity A. Then get home to finish homework to return to school. Son1, his school, activities and home works can hog my mind like anything.

BTW, on Sunday, there is a birthday party we have to go to. When do we purchase the birthday gift? Make a note of that task.

What about finding a preschool for Son2? There are 4 or 5 choices and now I worry about going to each place and checking out which is good.

As I accomplish a task, I mentally draw a check mark. Wow..that is pure satisfaction that one experiences. But sometimes, it is all overwhelming. Worrying about one thing to do, then next, then next. Worried about whether not being prepared for an event/day will drive us all nuts in the last minute. The only thing that is left to do in life - is worry about the NEXT THING TO DO! I have to remind myself to take it easy - but I am striving hard to be the perfect mom, wife and perfect person who is always taking care of her tasks in a proper way!

Next thing I am planning to do is to take a day off and relax. Oh boy! There I go again!

10 comments:

Vrinda said...

Read most of your postings. Great ones.. Keep writing gal.. will make sure to check everyday..

UL said...

:) Hey combine OCD and TDL and you get a nutter like me :) I am a clean freak and a list maker! So let's shake hands, you have still to catch up, girly, at least on the OCD part with me :)

UL said...

i also wanted to say i liked the new looks a lot :)

anamika said...

@Vrinda - thanks, me too glad to see your bunch of posts, keep em coming!

@UL - haha, I really was thinking of you when I wrote the post..especially the cleaning part!Didn't know you are list maker too!
About the layout, there are very few options for layouts in blogger, I just picked something that I liked.Not super thrilled though.

Anonymous said...

Not an OCD but always have a mental to do list.Loved your post.life indeed revolves around just egtting over one task and move to next..sorry not always..mostly we are multi tasking..
day off seems nice.remember a post you did few months back where you want to sit outside and read ( with a pic).

good weekend..oh yeah reminder to get bday gift

Anya Padyam said...

Same here, big time list maker:)
nice post, as always...

Saw the email, will have to reply :)...

Unknown said...

Nice post Anamika. I know what you mean. Just between work and other things, life has been incredibly busy. I can't imagine the amount of running around you have to do for the extra curricular activities.

Anonymous said...

Outside of office TDLs have never worked for me. Inside office, I like to think they have!

anamika said...

@shy - multi tasking is the word!
@JS - thanks, JS, nice to see your comments regularly!
@Suman - Thanks!
@vjkrishna - Welcome here!

Anonymous said...

haven't heard from you in a while. hope all is well at your end anamika.