Thursday, February 21, 2008

Theism and Trucks

Situation 1: I am parked on a red light in a left turning lane. There is one lane to my left where cars can go by facing me. Just then I see a big monster truck turning into this lane from the perpendicular road. The monster's head comes right in front of my face. I don't know what I can do to help the siutation. Should I move a little behind - what if it I hit the car behind me? I dare not move. I wonder how the hell this monster is going to make this turn and go past me into this side lane.

Situation 2: I am going 65 mph in 202. I suddenly see the shadow of this monter truck fall on my car. All I can do is keep going the way I am, following a perfect straight line. I try to fight all negative thoughts that come to my mind and focus straight. I pray for the monster's shadow to go past me - yes, the truck to overtake me.

It is in these situations that I trust completely in God. All debates about his existence are immaterial at this point. God, I know you are there and it is only you who can keep me safe from these monster trucks!

2 comments:

UL said...

ah very well put- here's a third scenario - pregnant and tired, driving 40 miles to work and back everyday, listening to some krishna songs from Yesudas('good for the baby' thoughts in the mind), accident. Luckily all vehicles are moving at five mile an hour, very low impact, lucky escape with a mere dent - I like to think HE came to my rescue. Thanks for sharing.

anamika said...

@ul - ooh..that is so scary..must have been so worried after that..am glad all went well..