Thursday, February 7, 2008

Marugo Marugo

Some songs are etched in your memory. In most cases, they are from really stupid or masala movies. I always loved this song and have listened to it in my old cassette umpteen times.
It is called Marugo Marugo from the movie Vetri Vizha.Yesterday, I searched for it in youtube and was glad to watch it, like I used to watch it in SunTV.

I was surprised it could take me to the moods of the good old times. Kamal has amnesia in the movie and he gets married to this girl Sasikala. He cannot remember his past, but when he goes through the ceremonies in church, something rings a bell, literelly, in his mind. Traces of his Hindu wedding with Amala comes into his mind. While the friends and family dance, the bride is all excited, but she worriedly notices that the bridegroom is lost in his thoughts.

The part I love comes next. The friends drag Kamal to the dancing crew..Kamal goes in hesitantly..he does not know whether he knew dancing..coz of memory loss. He starts to attempt to dance..and he slowly eases into it...I absolutely adore the way Kamal acted this out!

Here is the youtube video, the quality is not too good, but if you grew up like me watching Kamal songs, you will enjoy it!

8 comments:

UL said...

this song is one of the very few tamil songs I do remember...an oldie goldie...:)

Anya Padyam said...

Hi Anamika,
Have been a regular visitor since last December since you told me about the blog... 2008 has been a year of posts:) good to see that, keep it going,

a day doesnt end without a quick check of 'just my way of thinking'

A-kay said...

man... you are a hard-core kamal fan, aren't you? :)

anamika said...

@just someone - curiosity killed the cat, tell me who you are?

anamika said...

@a-kay - yes i am..his movies have been part of my childhood and youth..now thalaivar is looking old..but his talent shines...!

Anya Padyam said...

sorry - its me, Anu

anamika said...

@just someone - that means, you are not just someone! Glad to have you here!

Bewildered said...

This song is something a good number of indians have enjoyed and can never forget. I also have heard of Vetri Vizha so many times but am yet to watch it. From your description of the this scene I am now prompted even more to watch it plus I have always trusted your choice of movies! good one Anamika

S