Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pizza talk


Ordering pizza and getting what you expected is really a matter of luck. So says my experience over the years! And I am supposed to be in charge of ordering them always. And something always happens that, in the end, I feel responsible for the goof up!

Couple of years back, we used to have a Donatos Pizza which served a unique Pizza called 'Mariachi'. I was a great fan of that spicy pizza and when I was pregnant, I used to go there super hungry and order that!

Ordering a 'veggie Mariachi' pizza only made them put veggies on top of a Mariachi pizza loaded with meat. When I opened the pizza box, I was disappointed and I returned it and I explained the requirement. And here comes another goofed up pizza as a result. The requirements were not understood right once again! Finally the third try worked. The shop ended up giving as 3 pizza pies to take home! B benefitted from the meat pizzas that we got as a gift!

From then onwards, I learnt to specifically name all the veggies I want as toppings, mention 'No meat' and then say 'add Mariachi spice on top of it'. Lesson learnt!

Anytime, we ordered over the phone, the instructions were misunderstood and something was bound to surprise or shock us. Yesterday something similar happened.

I called Dominoes and had a conversation about what deals they have. The talk fluctuated from medium to large pizzas with and without toppings. I swear I ordered 2 mediums and I put the phone down. The total he mentioned flashed in my mind and I said - this cannot be right, I bet they have 3 large pizzas in the order after all the talks. I called them back to find out, yep, that was what they had put in. I patted my own back on catching this at the right time. I fixed the order back to what I wanted. Phew!

Any interesting experiences from your side?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What's Mariachi sauce? is it a common base for pizza? sounds mouth watering.

Our take outs are far and between. Somehow we prefer to go to a restaurant.

anamika said...

@Suman - Mariachi is a Mexican spice, I think. It is not the pizza base, but a spice mix sprinkled on top.That chain of pizza shop is non existent now in this area. Imagine something like crushed red pepper,which is not just hot, but a variety of spices are in it..used to be yummy!

On a side note, I too prefer going to restaurants than take outs! Increases B's BP!He would rather have it the other way to avoid the tension with kids!!

UL said...

I usually mess up with coupons and stuff, so I let my husband order them usually...I did not know of this mariachi either...interesting. I love going out to eat too, the reason being I hate to cook :)

Anonymous said...

We mostly cook in and eat in. but whenever occasionally we do, take out/home delivery/ eat out, I have to think for everybody and place the order. How I wish someone to order for me, just one less thing for me to take care of.
But that pizza looks delicious..no, i did not know about mariachi either..but no surprises there( because I don't know many other food things)

Good weekend
shy

Anonymous said...

Mariachi sauce.. never heard about that. I should try that. We sometimes order Jets pizza. I love the spiced base that they have. Somehow, ordering through the phone is not comfortable to me. So we mostly eat in.

anamika said...

@ul - I gets fits of inspiration to cook or else I will be too lazy to cook.I never leave an opportunity to eat out!

@shy - agree with you! I wish so much that someone should order for me/pick the place to go out..rather than me deciding!

@sl - Jet! May be unique to your area!