Friday, June 6, 2008

Baseball game and me

I have little connection with sports. Ironically, this is my second consecutive year going to watch the Phillies game. Last year, we had a team outing to the game. A bunch of us walked to the train station nearby and took the train to go to Citizien's Bank park in Philly downtown. The first time I looked at the crowd and the stadium I was awed. It is an amazing feeling and a totally different experience. This year, when the whole company was going there for the summer outing and I signed up to be part of the event.

I carpooled with my colleague. She drove 3 of us to the stadium. The drive to the place was pretty smooth. The stadium did not look as crowded as last year. We were early there for our company lunch at McFadden's. The weather was good - not too hot. There were some others like me who did not care so much about the game and were interested in just talking. We ate lunch and chatted. The drink tickets were in high demand. I went in to our terrace deck and sat there for sometime. I got bored soon.

In the ballpark, it is all about drinking and eating. People were eating hot dogs, then icecream and carried glasses of beer all day. I walked out looking for some coffee and fries. Not that I was hungry, but you want to buy something when everyone else is doing that! I walked to a shop and bought some fries that looked good. And a bottle of water. I could not trust a coffee from that shop. I paid a ridiculous 10 dollars for this and tasted the fries. Hmm..No Good. I would have loved the McDonald's fries. Anyway, there were people in the group who liked the fries and finished it.

It was time to get out. Phillies won. We waited for a colleague and got out a little late only to get stuck in the traffic. We could not move the car for 15 minutes from the parking lot. Had a headache by the time we reached work. Since I knew what exactly to expect in the stadium, I should say I enjoyed the day. I reached home at the usual time and B and Nithin were not in yet.
I made some Puttu hoping to put a smile in both their faces when they walk in. It worked with Nithin, for sure!

P.S.
Check my review on Cassandra's Dream, the movie we finished watching yesterday night.

5 comments:

asugur said...

My hubby was also at the game yesterday with his bosses.He came back home by 8.30 pm.BTW i am laksh's SIL if you are wondering who i am.

Anila.

anamika said...

@Anila - Welcome here! Thanks for leaving the comment and introducing yourself. May be we'll meet someday since we all live in the same area. Did your husband like the day in the ballpark?

Anya Padyam said...

Hi anamika, saw your comment:) illa; tomorrow is the day! So, after that will be back as a regular to catch up with you!
Take care and wish me luck - need more, much more than I can get:)

anamika said...

@js - hope it went well..let me know

UL said...

i am no sports person either.. but always gets dragged along :)..smile and bear it or smile and blog about it :)