Monday, February 22, 2010

Great party

The efforts put it by our party committee definitely paid off well. It was a well organized party with games and performance. Dress code was black and/or red. It was a treat to the eyes to see all dressed up. I myself wore a red saree which is 10 years old now. It is the saree I wore for the register wedding part of my wedding. Well, there was no time to relive memories as it was a busy day and a busy night.
Afternoon, we practiced our songs with the instruments and the mics/music system installed in our basement. And we awaited the evening!
Ours was the last but one item. I must say it has been ages since I stepped on any stage. We all sat comfortably with our instruments and even though I had never had trouble with stage fright before, why was my throat getting dry all of a sudden? We smiled at the audience, I spoke some introductory words impromptu and here we began. Singing in a microphone does boost one's confidence.
First song was 'Ajeeb Dastan Hai Ye' - an old Hindi melody. It is an easy, smooth sailing song - we sailed through it comfortably. Next was our key number - it is the song 'Give Me Some Sunshine' from 3 Idiots. We even called ourselves 5 idiots! It involved more coordination than the other song. But looks like the 'na na na' caught the audience - they asked for once more. After all, they have to support us - we live in the same neighbourhood..hehe! We sang it again and we felt on top of the world. B sang a solo from Guns And Roses. Frankly I was running around hunting for our camcorder to record his song and missed most of his song. Nikhil participated in a group dance by kids.
The rest of the night, I saw many talented singers among the folks there. We enjoyed a karoke session (again impromptu!) with old Hindi songs. Dance floor was open as usual. B and I enjoyed a lot more after the kids were asleep. It was fun! It is ironical that even though B and I both can sing and he can play guitar, we never play music together at home - this event brought a new beginning, I hope! I also hope to enjoy some music sessions with our co-players at the valentine concert in future.

8 comments:

Laksh said...

Sounds like it was a fun party. Waiting to see pictures!

Anya Padyam said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!! :)

shy said...

wow!that seemed like a performance! and a party!..congrats. here to many more of you two performing together, may be with the same other 3 idiots!!

pinne, njan chitraji ku phone cheyhtu paranju, kurachu practise cheyyan; evide vallya paatukari undu..:) very happy to know this part of you anamika. pics?

anamika said...

@Laksh - will send our pics soon!
@JS - Ya, and you have met most of these folks in that birthday party!
@Shy - thanks, shy! Haha..Chitra paavam ente pattu kettal enthaakum..

GOPAL said...

that's real great entertaining party...I wish I was there.........

anamika said...

@Gopal - it was entertaining, i could bring guests..if ur family was here, u could have!

UL said...

HEY - I want to see those pictures too...red sounds stunning...esp. you would have looked stunning in red, I bet...B is into guitar? If I had known I would have got you two to perform on our last gathering...ha ha , next time :)

anamika said...

@UL - orkut il pics ittu..will forward you the album. B and I both have never played music together ever before..even though he has played guitar in college..and I sang with someone else. So it is a new discovery for us!