Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quite a different week

Snow..snow..more snow..that is what it was. Schools were closed for two days. Office was closed for 2 days. Finally it ended yesterday night some time.
The difference this time is I dared going outside. For the weekend snow, I was too cold and lazy. Poor B did all the shoveling, nothing new there. This time, I was feeling guilty and wanted to help out at least a little bit. And wow..I really enjoyed it. Do you remember the math problem from school..when 3 men did x amount of work in y days, how many days will 9 men take to complete it..blah blah..What I mean is when both of us did it together, it got over quickly. There was so much snow on the road..that I could sit on it and make a chair for myself. B took pictures of me shoveling. It was fun. We dare not get Nithin outside - he is just recovering from the fever and cold.
In a way, I felt great to be part of history. Mayor Nutter's messages kind of made me feel proud. He said he is proud of citizens of Philadelphia the way they are dealing with these back to back snow storms. We just stayed home and worked remotely..still when you get any compliment, don't you feel great?
It was funny to watch in TV the folks who were driving to grocery stores in the middle of snow storm - they were having different cravings and they set out to make cake/chili etc. It is true that you crave for something that is not there - like, I was missing Instant Coffee since we were out of it. Also, in the cold weather, people do tend to miss their comfort foods and they give in to the cravings. As soon as I saw it, I started craving 'puris' and thanks to B who catered to the wishes of me and kids. We had puris for dinner yesterday.
Isn't that enough update on the snowy week days?

2 comments:

shy said...

the best part of it all was the 'puris'..haha.

hope little N is feeling better

UL said...

more to coem tomorrow - hope it wont be that bad :)