Friday, January 22, 2010

Hakuna Matata

We rented the Lion King CD from the library the other day. Nithin has been playing it over and over in the car since then. He demands a song by number and it has to be replayed till eternity. After couple of reruns, you start hating that song.
But this song left me pondering and wishing for a state of "Hakuna Matata" - a state of no worries - it is a 'problem-free' philosophy.
A big change in me in the recent years is something I never used to do before. Worrying has become my hobby now. I find it so hard to control my mind when the thoughts spin and spin.
Looking from the outside world, I am in a comfortable state and there should be many blessings I have to count. I do recognize that and I am grateful for my life. But all said and done, I have become much more emotionally weak than even before. Different people have different worries. Mine has been related to job/work/career for sometime now. The layoff experience has left me petrified. Adjusting to new work life has been an uphill. It is getting better - I would compare it to the first few months with a new born baby. People say it gets better over months - but each day has to pass, it is a struggle every day - feeding and diapering and wondering why he/she cries. Some days are easy, some are crazy, but no matter what you have to live through this phase to get to a point where you can enjoy the baby. I think that is what I am going through now. Taking life one day at a time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No need to be petrified Anamika. Just remind yourself that you did survive the layoff and came out stronger. Sometimes it's good to worry about something - it means you care!

UL said...

:) or "ahhll is well" works too...Hakuna Matata indeed...was gonna mail, wont be able to meet on Thu :( - will have to make it another time...talk soon, love UL

GOPAL said...

Life is no easy - nothing comes so easy - when we born, the silver spoon was not there. As a child - did you ever worry for anything ? No.... cause you had unshakable faith in your parents. Keep your faith in GOD now and the rest will be so fine in life.
Gopal