Friday, June 5, 2009

Clouds and Snow

Clouds - Love them when I am on the ground and they are up.
Not when my plane is cruising through them.

Snow - Love it when I am home.
Not when I am driving through it.

B and I flew yesterday to CA to attend a friend's wedding. I dislike the take off and landing part.
I envy those who are able to sleep off completely during the bumpy take off/landing times. But I managed to survive those times and reached bay area.

Kids are home with grandparents.It is a break from the routine life for some days. We will miss kids, but I have to be frank, I am also excited about meeting our classmates from Engg College. Yesterday felt like 2 days - half the part in flights and the rest like a totally new day in CA. We met our friend''s family who relocated from Pittsburgh - never thought we would be able to meet them up in their new home in the new place so soon.

Dinner was the get together of 4 families who were ex-classmates in College of Engineering, Trivandrum. We relived old times by teasing each other about college stories. We compared east and west coast work cultures and life styles. I was sort-of jet-lagged with the 3 hour time difference between east and west coast. It was a great day!


8 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

Nice :) who all? :)

Laksh said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you are enjoying the break! Nice to see a post from you.

Anonymous said...

That's great.Enjoy your vacation

Anila

GOPAL said...

It is all in attitude. Changing the way you think about things. Is the glass half full, or is it half empty? Is the sun bright and beautiful or is it hot and miserable? Does the rain falling day after day drag yours spirits down, or do you ever look at the beauty of the rain?

I find your attitude behind your success. Keep it up.

All best wishes
GOPAL

shy said...

enjoy your escape!

Laksh said...

Are you back?

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the way you had opened up the post..!

UL said...

me too - loved the clouds and snow start....