Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breaking my Silence

Once you take a break from anything, it becomes harder to get back to it. When I started job hunting, I had multiple windows open with different job sites and technical sites in my computer.
Taking time off that task seemed like a sin then. I cut myself off from browsing blogs and commenting. It looked like something would happen soon. But nothing major happened.

Time flew. I started working towards PMP Certification. I am still working for that. So whether or not something happens in the job front, I have something to focus on.

A major milestone was taking Nithin consistently to his new preschool. He goes part-time and the transition to the new place was not easy. He cried and protested in the mornings when he knew he had to go to school. It has gotten much better now. The first time, he spotted a classmate from the new school in a gathering, increased references of the teacher in his talks and now, the stories and names of his classmates - it was a tough journey, but we are getting there! Every time he cried, I told myself not to give up or give in to his tears. Kind of feels cruel, isn't it! But I believed firmly that if I give in (now that I have a choice of keeping him home if he cried too much!), it only becomes harder for him the next day. So far, I think he is making good progress with the adjustment.

He seems to be going through a radical change - all of a sudden he is becoming a social butterfly. Wonder what happened - but that is a welcome change. Non-stop chattering!All his dialogues amaze all of us.

Another grand milestone was B's post-graduation. Yay! I bet having a family with two kids and pursing a part time Masters was not easy. He DID it and I am proud of him. We went for the graduation ceremony last week and I edited a post about it in my mind, but never typed it.B's parents, kids, B and I went for a dinner right after the ceremony. It was a fun evening.

Now that I broke the silence, I think it will be easy for me to talk further. Thanks to all those who checked with me via emails or comments to see how I am doing. Promise to be more regular!

11 comments:

UL said...

That's a lovely post and so glad to hear all your news. Also great that you are focusing on the PMP, in prep for stepping in as soon as the markets get better. I loved reading about Nithin - you are indeed doing the right thing. You know, they adjust faster than us.We will have to meet up with you folks soon...and many congrats to B, that's indeed a wonderful achievement.

Anonymous said...

good luck for the exams!!!!

I know you will do it!
Just Someone:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations to B!! That's an amazing achievement!!

Me again
JS:)

Laksh said...

Welcome back! you were missed. Did not want to keep pinging you adhaan chumma irrundhen. Congrats to B!

shy said...

anamika, so got to hear from you after almost a month. I understand , the priorities change, at times it has to.

lot of news indeed. way to go with PMP. very right thing to do as a long term investment as well to make best use of the available time. Oh, Nithin butterfly! your persistence is showing the results. I believe that good mothers are cruel( or seem so) at times. good job both of you.
Congrats to B on Masters.
padipist family thanne..nalla budhiman maar!!
and 'ek pal' is on its way, now that the weather is good journey should be faster.Anamika, your positive attitude is very inspiring.keep it up dear

Anonymous said...

Hi anamika,
Good to see you back.Convey my congrats to B.Wish you all the best.

Anila.

anamika said...

@UL - thanks for your note! It is also good to get your comment.

@Js - thanks! I am ready to fold all the laundry when I know I have to study.

@Laksh - dont hesitate to ping me, I love to keep in touch. Was too lazy to write!

@shy - valiya padippist onnum alla..but now vere vazhi illa..I am enjoying what I am learning though. Would never have learnt anything, had I been working! Thanks for you comment too!!!

anamika said...

@Anila - thanks! I feel welcome!

Anonymous said...

yes!! I know the feeling too well :) as you can imagine:)

But I assure you - you can do it !!!
Good luck
JS

Unknown said...

Sorry Ananmika. I kept nagging you but failed to leave timely comments. Congratulations on our behalf to B. And to you too for being supportive during this endeavor. You are doing all the right things, hang in there.

In between, saw the pictures in Orkut. You look gorgeous! and so does your family. Loved them all.

sl said...

Good to see you back. I know it can be difficult to manage everything home+work+school. It takes a joint effort. Congratulations to both of you on the graduation.