Monday, March 31, 2008

Present and Future

Quick synopsis on my life.

B is back from Kuwait. One week flew by since he came back. Cant tell in words how much of a relief it is resigning from the single mom role. Best part is not having to worry about putting the trash can out and getting Nithin brushed.

Last Monday, B's bro's sedation was stopped and he opened his eyes and saw parents. Thank God. Progress is slow but steady. We get worried now and then, but today's news is that he asked for B. So I am thrilled he is asking questions and communicating. Keep praying!

Overcame the Sunday evening blues and Monday morning 'dark-blues' and we are on to the next week of our lives. As I got N & N ready and raced in the car to drop off at respective places, I wondered. OK. So far so good. On schedule. Dropped 1 and dropped 2 and hope their days are enjoyable. Reached work and got sucked into the rhythm.

But what about the long run? Each day is a tiny step towards future. Am I really moving my life in the direction that I would love to end up? What if, after some years, that drift by day after day, I realize that this is not where I wanted to be? Scary!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think something must be affecting a huge bunch of us. Been having similar thoughts since the weekend. Kind of wondering what is it I really want for the long haul.

Anya Padyam said...

Glad to hear he is on his way to recovery; our prayers for a speedy recovery...

And, I agree with the last few thoughts - it is scary!

Noby M. Joseph said...

Good to know he is recovering. It is amazing how little things one does when ill makes us so happy. Regarding the future, I guess we need to take one thing at a time. What happens in the next moment is not known to us. Do things to the best of our knowledge and leave everything to him. I guess this is the only thing works!!!. Sometimes, I tell my friends. What more can happen if Earth falls on our head. The maximum is die...Iam not sure whether Iam harsh here but that is the ultimate that can happen. Proceed in life with such a mind..

GN.

UL said...

I agree with noby. Do the best you can, the rest will follow through. If it doesnt, make a conscious effort to pick up the ropes and move in a different direction, life is risky but not always scary, if you get my drift...on another note, really glad to hear that B's brother is faring well...prayers and best wishes to him and the family.

Anya Padyam said...

How are things?

Achayan said...

The future... yes it is scary when we do not know where we want to go. Once we have a direction, you need to follow your dreams. Now, how do you know whether you are on track? I practice something called "little retrospective" in life, where I take a step "aside" from my path and look where I am heading.

Hey, no one is perfect. What matters is your ability to correct your mistakes and move on.
~A

anamika said...

@laksh - we must meet soon!
@just someone - ya, it is really great..
@noby - nice talking to you!!
What is this GN?
@UL - that seems to be a practical approach!
@achayan - problem lies there,I don't know where I want to go :-)