Friday, March 12, 2010

Update

Every time, I get behind the wheel and enter the Turn Pike in the evening, I draft so many versions of things to write as a post. I edit them, rephrase them - but all in my mind. It never saw the light, so here I am typing up finally. I will update the latest in bullets.
  • Finally the weather is good. What a relief! I hope 'THIS IS IT' for the snow storms.
  • I was in training for 3 days. Reminded me of the training days in my old work. The past 3 days were full of classes and the coffee breaks. Head Ache. Trying to concentrate. Times when I asked questions to the instructor. Times when I shouted out the correct answer. Times when my mind wandered off to the 'To Do List' in life. The sense of humor of the instructor was too good - we all laughed a lot and so were awake for the most part.
  • Heritage Night - this Tuesday, was the night dedicated to different cultures in Nikhil's school. It happens every year. Nikhil participated in a group dance with other kids from our development. This time, it felt like we have seen it happen a lot before. It almost ends up being a Desi night due to the population of Desis in our area. It is great for our kids to have so many of them around, so they won't feel they are singled out. Since we are seeing it for past 3 years, we got used to it and this time, I let B stay home with Nithin and take a relaxing break.
  • I am totally HOOKED - to the Asianet reality show called 'Idea Star Singer'. Watching it over and over, I am now familiar with most of the singers. So much so that, Nithin asks -'Amma, is Danny your friend?'. Danny is one of the singers.He watches carefully the marks being awarded to them. I learnt that there is one episode every week day. I am always trying to catch an episode I have not seen. I enjoy the songs and also the judges' comments. Nikhil says 'Amma, you are watching too much of Idea Star Singer. It is not good for you!'

Have a great weekend, friends!

4 comments:

UL said...

Wonderful update...ippol njanum twice a week turnpike eduthu malvernil karangarundu :) katha kaanumbol parayam...:) your singing talent is news to me, i am waiting to hear you sing....ini kaanumbol pidicholaam...

A-kay said...

Good to see your updating your blog regularly. As you can tell, I have not been checking your blog for a while :) Idea super singer is indeed a good show, I have seen several past episodes on youtube and love it.

anamika said...

@UL - Eager to know your new conenction with Malvern.

@Akay - Great to see you here. it has been a long time. I glanced at your post a while back..one you posted after a long time.

GOPAL said...

Delighted and it is great that you find time to update your blog. "Idea Star Singer" is our favourite program 4 last 3 yrs- sometimes more than the song, we enjoy the comments & pullings of judges and Sharad is very good at it.