Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fast Forward

We all know the 'Rewind' button in our minds - that takes us into the past and helps relive the good moments of our lives. It looks like I have hit the fast Forward button. My mind is always in the trip that I am about to take on with my son. It is like I am re(?) living the future. I am daydreaming of each day in India. Shopping, preparing, packing is going on. Plans for small trips while in India are in the making via phone with my Appa. It is exciting, but at the same time, these thoughts make me nervous also.

Since I have got used to B's presence so much, I have become dependent on him for so many things. He takes care of minute details and I can rely on him that he will pack everything that is needed and fix all mechanical/hardware issues. Since he won't be with me, I am afraid where all I will have to act as B! I will have to do all his usual chores when we travel together. When Nikhil misses his Appa, I would not know what to do. I will have fun shopping and roaming around with Nikhil, but I cannot entertain him the way B can. Playing DS together, watching Star Wars is all beyond me. Since I won't have B to share the parenting role, I feel completely responsible for anything Nikhil will go through. I am worried about his health throughout the journey.

Let us see how it goes.

5 comments:

UL said...

HEY, what a wonderful decision, just caught both these posts- that's superb, so will you be in Tvm? I am so jealous! How long will you be gone? When do you get back, I am gonna miss you even though we hardly see each other...its nice to know of your presence not so far away...now you will be close to my real home...have tonnes of fun girl, yes, do come back rejuvenated and fresh, let's talk before you leave...

Achayan said...

You will do just fine. Remember how well you used to manage your house in the past. Trust your instinct and may the force be with you.

shy said...

oh anamika, you will be more than fine. have a great. how long are you gone? bring the pics too

anamika said...

@UL - yes, looks like that is the best thing to do in this market. I got very good airfares! Not sur eof TVM, but I may!

@Achayan - thanks, B! May the force with you also to take care of the naughty N here!

@shy - 1 month nanu pokunnathu. Athey, oru post idoo please!

shy said...

oru maasam nannyi enjoy cheythu varoo. ennanu pokunnathu?
post ittu, pakshe anamikayude comment onnum kanarilla..:(visit my place