Friday, October 10, 2008

Fun of sharing!



This post started as something else and morphed into what it is now. No, I am not talking about "sharing toys" that we preach to preschoolers. I am talking about the fun that we get in sharing and enjoying any form of art with someone.

Even as a school goer, my mind would be set on listening to songs from the movie I have watched recently. I enjoy doing that now also.I spent sometime yesterday evening in front of youtube. Kids and I enjoyed watching all songs from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and Dasavathaaram - two movies whose songs have been playing now in our car. Watching it together with kids was a lot of fun.

Wanted to share some Malloo links that I am enjoying reading and laughing out loud.
Kodakarapuranam
Motham Chillara

I miss reading these aloud with my school mate S. When I read them, I was reminded of the good old school days when S would bring a comical article or book in Malayalam and we would Read it Out Aloud and laugh during lunch time. Not to forget the poetry we read and enjoyed (some our own) - that made us both feel like intellectuals (buddhi jeevis as we call in Malayalam!).

I was also reminded of the times when my Appa would read aloud the Backiam Ramasamy or Cho or Marina books and we would laugh out loudly. Somethings can only be shared with some people and it is hard to find a replacement for those people.

Now both S and Appa are in India and I can't really relive those times. Sigh!

That brings to memory all the S.Ve.Shekar's dramas I have listened in younger days. Whenever my cousin brother or any close relative comes home who is likely to enjoy it, my mind would be debating on which one to play and we can all enjoy listening to the drama together and laugh out aloud.

Another thing I really enjoy is watching "Akkarakkazhchakal" with B in youtube. The fun is doubled when there is someone who shares the same wavelength. Having such friendships/rapport is a blessing, right! I am also wondering at this moment - how many such new relations I developed after college years - very few!

Ok, end of sentimental blabbering session! All of you enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anamika, I owe you this. chirichu chirichu oru paruvam aayi( followed your link to Motham chillara blog), had a real good laugh. thanks and have a good weekend.

may be one day we could get together and read it aloud..hahaha

shy

Anya Padyam said...

You are right about sharing:)

... we were remembering the laughing session, we had in your basement watching those clips last time:)...

Have a great weekend!
Take care,

UL said...

...hmm now I am curious, I am gonna install the mallu fonts at home and read this...sounds really good fun...you are right, fun of sharing is something totally different - your relationship with S reminded me of 'me and Munch'(justforkix blogger)- we used to...well we used to do a lot of things :) if i start them here it would never end...but what a good way to start Monday morn, happy week ahead :)

Scribbler said...

Writing humor is a special skill and these guys are good at it. Ho chirichu chirichu kannil ninnu vellam vannu. :-)

Now I feel all uptight and "elitist" writing about serious stuff in my blog ;-)

thanks for sharing the links.

anamika said...

@shy - so glad you enjoyed it. I am glad to be sharing the fun remotely at least!

@js - yes, it is always fun to watch them as a group.

@ul - did not think I had to install any fonts to view them. Enjoy! OK, that gives me an idea of how you and Munch must have laughed together!

@sj - very true! I envy those writers. I really wish I could write like that.Agree with you on feeling 'am I so serious' to be writing what I usually write on.