Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eyebrows

A girly topic this time!

वो जमाना गया जब हम मीलों दूर गाड़ी चला कर eyebrows कराने जाते थे!

Now we have a lady who lives in our own community who has a beauty parlor in her basement!
I am excited that I could walk to her home and get my face cleaned up and walk back home.

I remember all those days when I used to drag B and kids to accompany me to far away homes to get threading done. B must have cursed me so much, but I was never brave enough to explore new driving routes by myself. One has to keep a record of all beautician contact numbers, for you cannot always go with one person. If you go to one person regularly, that person may go to India for 4 months and you are doomed. They also can land medical emergencies and need to take time off from work. Then also you are in trouble.

Once upon a time in our part of Philly, there used to be only one girl who did threading, now there are a bunch of them - which gives us ample backup options. Always nice to have some choices/doors open, right!

6 comments:

UL said...

:)...so I do it myself...:) I have to say I m prone to accidents too...many-a-times I have lost my eyebrows :)

Anonymous said...

I do it myself, actually I find it so easy. The more I do it, the better I get. It saves the hassle of
1. finding a place
2. calling up and fixing a time good for both
3. get directions
4. go there
Now all I have to do is to go to the bathroom and do it, any hour, any day.

anamika said...

@sl - wow, that is so brave of you! See, I am the kind of person who just recently started putting lipstick by myself..and whenever I tried mascara on me, I messed up..so I am not even making an attempt! But kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

The more I read your blogs which I stumbled upon recently, I think you are a CETian from Trivandrum? I am. I am EEE 93-97 batch.

anamika said...

@sl - yes, I am!96 batch Computers!
Where are you? Can you email me?sujatha.subramanian@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

sure, rest in email:)