Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Come September!



Monday night was filled with enthusiasm and excitement getting ready for school. Nikhil packed his new backpack with school supplies. We realized he had to bring 3 items to symbolize things he did during summer for a special show n tell. We packed them and he was all excited. Nithin wanted to go to school also.

Tuesday morning, the bus stop was filled with kids and parents. Lot of new kindergarteners from our bus stop. Moms and dad with cameras. Lot of excitement. New K moms followed the bus to school. I remembered the anxiety we had when we went through that stage. The first time parting with Nikhil and wondering how to be reassured that he will be fine in that totally new environment? How will he know which bus to get on back from school? Will he eat lunch "properly"? Etc Etc.

They do fine, I guess. They adapt very quickly. Anyhow, all parents live through this excitement and anxiety on how their kids will survive in the new environment. I am past that stage for Nikhil, so I smiled and came back home after he got on to the bus.

However, I could feel so much love for him within me and I could sense the urge in me to give my life for him (don't know what that means really) , to make him a better PERSON in all ways. Make him a lovable, caring person like his dad (something for you dad!).

Hey, Hey,I guess the emotion in the air made me emotional too. Good luck, my second grader!

8 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

Good luck to the second grader!
Our niece started kindergarten today and it was a huge transition there!:)

Saying hello after a li'l break:)

Jayant Kumar said...

Its a great feeling with excitement when your son/daughter starts school. I could not sleep well on pre night of day when my daughter started school. I myself checked her dress, tiffin, shoe etc something which i never did even for myself.

Unknown said...

Very sweet post. Yes, I have anxiety attacks when Atu goes to a new environment. I know what you mean by wanting to give your life to make your little one a better person... I go through those phases too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anamika for this sweet post.I am ready to go after the school bus next tuesday when mySon starts JK.very true, it so exciting, it's so emotional..

wish Nikhil all the best for the year! God bless him
shy

anamika said...

@js - long time no see. Annika is already in KG, wow!

@Jayant - Welcome here.Could not sleep well? Yes, I know ..how will it be when they go for an entrance exam, right?

Suman, glad I did not sound stupid.

Shy, thanks for stopping by again. Let me know how it went, after next tuesday. High time u started blogging, ketto!

Anonymous said...

will let you know of Tuesday run:)

on a difft note: wanted to comment on Bhool Bhulaya review; but anonymous option; hope you don't mind it here:
"There is only one Shobhana, period.If I take the movie on its own, i think Vidya Balan did reasonable good job. And to dance with a professional dancer like Vineet, one can only try to catch up, but can't match up."

thanks and have a great weekend

shy.
hmm..as for my blogging, my writing skills are eaqually bad as my command on the language; may be never say never, alle!!

UL said...

i love this post.. such a sweet and emotional one. You have captured it well, I cant imagine Meera on her own on a school bus...as for giving life, ah there's no question..you have caught the right sentiment...and shy, start that blog will you? and no excuses.

Bewildered said...

Oh my this post choked me up too... that was for all of us. I just sent my lil one of with her father to school and sat down to read this...u can imagine what it must have done to me..