Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ini Acham Acham Illai

I burnt a CD with Tamil Songs from Ghajini. And to fill up the space remaining in the CD, I loaded the rest with songs from Indira. So last week, one morning while I was driving Nikhil to his daycare, I was listening to this CD.

I really like the song - 'Oru Maalai Ila Veyil Neram'. Have not seen the movie, but I can visualize the bright face of Asin being talked about here.'Unakketra aalaga Enai Matri Kondene' - I can somehow identify myself with that line.

Nikhil enjoys the song with me starting from the 'Ro Ro' in the beginning of the song. I sing it aloud with him.Also the line in 'Suttum Vizhi Chudare' - about her photo being next to his chest/heart that ignites sparks. I thought it was a nice thought to put it that way.

Then we play 'Ini Acham Acham Illai'. LOUDLY. I sing the song loudly enjoying every line of it. I cant explain the closeness I feel with TAMIL when go through it. The lyrics are very positive in effect. When I listen to that, I could not control the tears that it brought. Is it the hormones in action? Whatever..!

In a completely alien land surrounded by people from totally different cultures, adapting to many things with the outside world all day, at home and outside - a moment of seeing my real self, my reflection in the Tamil songs I heard. Not sure why this should trigger a tear drop but it did. I cherished that moment coz it made me feel as though someone is there for me - not in person, but through the roots from which my spirit grew.I could feel close to home and homeland.



5 comments:

Laksh said...

I can sooo relate to what to say.

Anonymous said...

That is so poignantly put. I love the song from Indra. But the Bharathiyar's original has carried me through many difficult time. Uchi meedhu vaan idinthu veezhukindra podilum, acham illai acham illai acham enbathillaye!!!

anamika said...

@senthamizh - very true. The words have fire in them, right!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful... Exactly my feeling. amazed how you managed to put it into words

anamika said...

@anonymous - thanks, glad to see you can also relate to it. Your name? Have you been here before?