Friday, September 24, 2010

Initial SAHM Days

The first week I came back from India I slept - napped with Nithin in the afternoon while the older one went to school. Yet again, sleeping in the night was not a problem for me :-). After 3 or 4 days of marathon sleeping, I finally felt healed physically from all the running around I did in India. I would always cherish the vacation in India - for it was my own time, my own decisions pretty much about what to do where I did not have to worry about kids' health or anything. Seeing my Appa happy to have me around for hsi 60th birthday, meeting my relatives who have known me since my birth, catching up with my old friends with whom I share a unique relation - was all so precious. Knowing that my kids are in the best hands here in IS, I could relax and enjoy the most in India.

Back is US, I checked out a simple Montessori school for Nithin. It is a half day program with lesser number of kids and more emphasis on academics for the time he is in school. He cried the first day since he has been home all summer and he was not going back to the old school. I too wondered if I am doing the right thing. But he warmed up quite sooner than he did for the first school.

Now my whole day revolves around the boys' school schedule and after school activities. With parents in law here, I have not seen the loneliness which probably is awaiting me soon. I am mentally relaxed and free and am able to focus on Nithin without my thoughts wandering off elsewhere (work pressure, commute etc). The initial days of SAH- Motherhood seem to be going well. There are moments of laughter, cuddling and tickling with Nithin. Sitting with Nikhil doing his school work and Kumon, we did accomplish our mini-goals.

Two days ago, was Nithin's 5th birthday. I knew how much he would love to have his close friends whom he has not met in a while. I wanted him to have the celebration right on the day he was born. Thankfully, even with my last minute notice, the boys' parents were able to bring them. We had a simple party with a craft activity and Pinata. Ben 10 cake was what he asked for.
The arrangements for the party kept me quite busy for some days.

Will keep you updated.

5 comments:

shy said...

enjoy girl, enjoy!
happy Birthday day 5 yr old! big boy now eh! God bless

Laksh said...

Endha school. Was good to catch up on all the news.

UL said...

Hey happy happy birthday to Nithin- hope he had a wonderful day, hope things are going well at your end....will call you soon. love lots, UL

anamika said...

@shy - thanks! Did that Philly trip ever happen? 2010 is soon going to end..make it happen..please!
@Laksh - Whiteland Montessori on Rt 30
@UL - thanks, UL! shld talk some time soon..

shy said...

no phily trip did not happen. planning india trip end of the year.sp phily has to to wait. I hope it will wait for me with loving hearts, cozy friends, mouth watering dishes and lot of gupshup:)