Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nice weekend

It was quite an eventful weekend. Mini highlights are driving to places I have not been before - this is a big milestone for me. I hate driving - but this felt good when I reached the destination.


It was a milestone for B also. The cookbook project he has been part of as a photographer from the church came to a completion. The first copy of the book was released in a very nice simple function where people spoke their hearts our in complete sincerity. We all felt glad to be part of it.


Also, I took the courage to wear saree by myself to take part in the function. That is a milestone for me, since I dread 'wearing the saree' a lot.
Sunday evening, we set on 'drive to a random location' exercise. B looked up Hoopes Reservoir in google maps and we drove there. When we reached the place, the bridge was closed so we could not go further. But we stopped by a lake and took some pictures of the lake.
While driving back we realised that the date was June 13. That means, it was exactly 10 years since we landed the US of A. This called for a celebration and we went to TGI Fridays for dinner. Thoughts of coming work week peek in my mind and threaten me - it is Sunday blues for me. But I tell myself - enjoy this evening! Thus endeth the weekend!

4 comments:

shy said...

congrats on 10th year. cherish the memories, enjoy the present ( exactly like you guys did) and look forward to many greta happenings!

God bless

shy said...

also, I may be asking you favour sometime soon, about the cookbook project. you will know why, from my blog soon. look for 'Rasam series'
thanks in advance

Anonymous said...

So, today what is the plan?

Happy Father's day to B and B's dad!

How is everyone?


Hv a great weekend!

Just Someone

UL said...

thank you for that update..congrats on the book and the tenth anniversary...let's speak soon.